O'Charley's Irish Beef Stew
- 6 pounds beef tips
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt
- 4 ounces beef gravy base
- 6 cups hot water
- 2 bottles Guinness Stout
- 1/4 cup minced garlic
- 2 pounds baby carrots
- 3 pounds potatoes (diced 1/2 x 1/2 inch)
- 1 pound celery (diced 1/2 x 1/2 inch)
- 2 pounds yellow onion (diced 1/2 x 1/2 inch)
- 2 cups seasoned flour
- 1 gallon hot water
- 8 ounces au jus (dry)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh thyme, stems removed
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- Chopped parsley
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Gather first 7 ingredients.
- Place 1/4 cup vegetable oil into hot iron skillet over high heat. Add 3 pounds
beef tips, season with half of seasoning salt and sear all sides.
- When beef tips are brown on all sides, remove from skillet and place into large
shallow baking pan.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 with 1/4 cup vegetable oil, remaining seasoning salt and
- Using a wire whip, mix 4 teaspoon gravy base with 6 cups hot water.
- Add liquid to baking pan with 2 bottles of Guinness Stout and 1/4 cup minced
- Cover pan with double layer of foil and seal tightly around edge of pan.
- Place pan in preheated convection oven for 90 minutes at 300 degrees F.
- Remove pan from oven and retain for later use.
- Place oil into heated kettle. Add baby carrots, diced potatoes and sauté for
- Add celery and onion and sauté until onions are translucent.
- Add flour and mix well.
- Mix water with Au jus mix and add to kettle. Stir well until sauce thickens.
- Add contents of roasting pan (step 9) to the kettle and mix well.
- Add fresh chopped thyme and sugar, mix well and remove from heat.
- Serve beef stew in a bowl with a sprinkle of chopped parsley.
Posted by GayleL at Recipe Goldmine 11:31:31pm 4/29/03.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes