O'Charley's Loaded Potato Soup
- 3 pounds red potatoes
- 1/4 cup margarine, melted
- 1/4 cup flour
- 8 cups
- 1 (16 ounce) block Velveeta cheese, melted
- White pepper, to
- Garlic powder, to taste
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 pound bacon,
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup fresh chives, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Dice unpeeled red potatoes into 1/2-inch cubes. Place in a large Dutch oven,
cover with water and bring to a boil. Let boil for 10 minutes or until 3/4 cooked.
- In a separate large Dutch oven, combine melted margarine and flour, mixing until
smooth. Place over low heat and gradually add half-and-half, stirring constantly.
Continue to stir until smooth and liquid begins to thicken.
- Add melted Velveeta. Stir well. Drain potatoes and add to cream mixture. Stir
in pepper, garlic powder and hot pepper sauce. Cover and cook over low heat for
30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Place soup into individual serving bowls and top with crumbled bacon, shredded
cheese, chives and parsley.
Makes 8 servings.
Per serving: 915 calories, 65 gr fat (64 percent calories from fat), 174
mg cholesterol, 33 gr protein, 52 gr carbohydrate, 1,352 mg sodium