Old Louisville Inn Strawberry
Sour Cream Popovers
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 5 tablespoons granulated sugar plus some for coating
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 quart frozen strawberries
- 1 tablespoon orange liqueur or orange juice (optional)
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Popovers: Butter 6 popover cups and sprinkle with sugar.
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Beat eggs until foamy, then combine with sour cream in a bowl.
- Sift flour into a separate bowl. Add sugar and salt and stir again into bowl.
Add liquid from first bowl and beat until smooth. Divide butter among popover cups.
Place on a cookie sheet if your cups are not attached, and bake 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees F and bake 20 minutes more.
- To serve, place a split-open popover on a small plate and top with strawberry
- Strawberry Sauce: Combine sugar and cornstarch in a saucepan and stir until completely
mixed. Add berries and set aside for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add liqueur and heat over medium flame until mixture boils, stirring occasionally.
Remove from heat, spoon over popovers and serve.
Source: Marianne Lesher, Old Louisville Inn, Louisville, Kentucky
If you have extra sauce, serve it over other breakfast breads, such as waffles
and French toast, or with ice cream.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes