Old Spaghetti Factory Original Clam Sauce
- 3 ounces butter
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 (6 ounce) cans clams, chopped
- 1 quart half-and-half
- 1/4 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Combine butter, garlic, onion and celery in a saucepan. Braise over medium-low
heat until tender but not brown.
- Add the flour, and mix to make a roux.
- Drain clams, reserving juice.
- In a separate saucepan, combine clam juice, half-and-half, thyme and salt. Heat
until just below boiling. Add to roux, and cook until sauce thickens.
- Add clams, stirring gently to mix throughout the sauce.
- Serve over noodles.
Serving size: 6
Source: Old Spaghetti Factory - San Diego Union Tribune, February 16, 1995
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes