Old Town Tortilla Factory Treasure Margarita
Bartender Rich McPherson said a citrus sweet-and-sour syrup sets the restaurants
margaritas apart. It's made with equal parts sugar, water, lemon and lime juices.
The Treasure Margarita is named after El Tesoro reposado tequila. (Tesoro means
- 1 1/2 ounces El Tesoro reposado tequila
- 3/4 ounce Grand Marnier
- Citrus sweet-and-sour syrup
- Lime slice for garnish
- To make citrus sweet-and-sour mix: Combine equal parts granulated sugar and water
and heat to boiling. Cool, then add equal parts lemon and lime juices.
- Fill glass with ice. Add tequila and Grand Marnier.
- Fill glass with sweet-and-sour syrup.
- Garnish with lime slices.
Makes 1 drink.
Source: Old Town Tortilla Factory, Scottsdale, Arizona - Arizona Republic, April
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes