Old Trails Inn Potato Cake
- 1 cup shortening
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup cold mashed potatoes
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sour milk
- Whip shortening and blend in sugar.
- Add eggs and potatoes.
- Combine dry ingredients and add to egg mixture along with the sour milk. Mix
- Pour batter into two 8-inch cake pans sprayed with Pam nonstick cooking
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.
Makes 12 servings.
Posted by GayleL at Recipe Goldmine 6/24/01 10:41:11 pm.
Source: highdesert.com - Old Trails Inn in Needles, California - from The
Main Street of America Cookbook by Marian Clark
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.