Olde Jericho Tavern
Peanut Butter Cup Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate wafer crumbs
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- In a bowl, combine crumbs and 2 tablespoons sugar. Stir in butter; set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt and remaining sugar.
- Whisk together egg, milk and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Place peanut butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on HIGH for
20 to 30 seconds or until softened. Fold into batter.
- Press about 1 tablespoon reserved crumb mixture onto the bottom of 12 ungreased
muffin cups. Divide batter evenly between cups. Sprinkle with remaining crumbs.
Bake at 400 degrees F for 15 to 18 minutes or until a wooden pick comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
Yield: 1 dozen
Source: Olde Jericho Tavern, Bainbridge, New York
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes