Oldenberg Grill Bleu Spinach Dip
- 3 pounds frozen chopped spinach
- 3 1/2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons onion, diced 1/4 inch
- 4 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 4 1/2 teaspoons flour
- 6 1/2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 1/4 cup sour cream
- 6 ounces grated Romano cheese
- 4 ounces blue cheese
- 1 1/4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Crumbled blue cheese, for garnish
- Tortilla chips or garlic bread, for dipping
- Defrost and drain spinach thoroughly. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil and butter in a large skillet. Add onion and cook until soft.
Add garlic and cook briefly - do NOT burn.
- Add flour and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add cream and sour cream. Cook until thickened.
- Add Romano and blue cheeses and mix thoroughly to incorporate with other ingredients.
- Add lemon juice, hot sauce, salt, pepper and drained chopped spinach.
- Garnish with crumbled blue cheese before serving with tortilla chips or garlic bread.
Makes 8 to 10 servings.
If making ahead, cool sauce to below 40 degrees F within 2 hours.
To reheat, place in a microwave-safe container. Top with blue cheese garnish.
Cover with plastic film and microwave until hot throughout.
Source: Oldenberg Grill, Louisville, Kentucky
Recipe Goldmine is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This is without any additional cost to you.