Olga's Kitchen Bread
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/4 teaspoons (1 package) active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 egg
- Scald milk, remove to large bowl. Add honey, margarine and salt to milk; stir
until margarine is melted. Set aside to cool until lukewarm.
- Combine yeast, warm water and sugar; stir until sugar is dissolved. Set aside.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of the flour to lukewarm milk mixture and beat well. Mix in egg
and yeast mixture. Add remaining flour, a little at a time, until sticky dough is
formed. Turn out on a floured surface; knead about two minutes. Dough will be sticky,
but don't add more flour. Place dough in oiled bowl, turning once to oil whole
surface of dough. Cover with plastic wrap and let stand in warm place until doubled
- Punch down dough; divide into 16 equal pieces. Roll each piece to a thin rough
circle about 8-10 inches in diameter.
- Heat a large dry skillet over medium-high heat; do not use any oil. Bake 15 seconds,
flip and bake about 10 seconds on other side, until mottled brown spots appear.
- Cool and store in a plastic bag.