Olive Garden Chicken Scampi
This recipe was posted somewhere by a person that said she had worked at the
Olive Garden. I wish I had kept her name because it does taste exactly like the
Olive Garden's scampi and I and a lot of people that I have shared this recipe
with would like to thank her. I have cut the original recipe down to 1/2 and then
again for about 6 servings. I have found that the sauce freezes beautifully, so
I make a full batch at a time and freeze in serving sizes. Hope you enjoy as much
as I have.
Here is the recipe from the Olive Garden. The chicken tenderloins are the only
thing not authentic. They come into the restaurant already prepared.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 (1/2) (1/3) pound butter
- 1/3 cup (3 tablespoons) (2 tablespoons) garlic puree
- 1/3 cup (3 tablespoons) (2 tablespoons) chicken base (Minors or Tone brand)
- 20 (10) (8) fluid ounces Chablis (I used any dry white wine)
- 20 (10) (8) fluid ounces water
- 40 (20) (16) fluid ounces creme culinaire (or heavy whipping cream)
- 1 tablespoon (1 1/2 teaspoons) (1 1/4) teaspoons) Italian seasoning
- 1 (1/2) (1/2) teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1 (1/2) (1/2) teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons (1 tablespoon) (2 1/2 teaspoons) fresh chopped parsley
- Angel hair pasta
- Melt butter over low heat; do not let it get it brown. Add garlic puree and let
sweat for 2 minutes add remaining ingredients and simmer for approximately 10 minutes.
- This is a 1x, making around 1 gallon if memory serves me correctly. Amounts in
parentheses are for approximately 2 quarts.
- For garlic, roast 2 to 3 heads of whole garlic. Slice off top until you see cloves
and pour approximately 1 tablespoon olive oil over each head. Put in oven at 325
degrees F for around 1 hour or until they smell sweet. After they cool, squeeze
cloves out of the papery stuff and coarsely chop.
- Cut up green, red and orange pepper into strips also red onion (1/4 by 1 inch
strips). They measure, per serving, 1 1/2 ounces green pepper, 1/2 ounce red and
orange pepper and 1/2 ounce red onion and 1 ounce roasted garlic. These are sauté
ed with the chicken.
- This is the only part that is not authentic. Marinate chicken in Marzetti's
lite ranch dressing, adding 1 tablespoon garlic puree and fresh parsley. Use fresh
chicken tenderloin strips. There are 5 of these per serving. You will cook the sauce
while that simmers. Sauté chicken and veggies and toss with the amount of sauce
( approximately 6-8 fluid ounces per serving) toss hot angel hair pasta in.
- If you want less fat, evaporated milk also works in place of the cream. One of
my managers always insisted if we had to use whipping cream, Old Bay Seasoning was
needed, about 1 teaspoon, but I really never agreed.
- Served as at Olive Garden. Mix pasta and sauce together. Place in dish and top
with chicken strips and pepper garnish. ( I found it is easier to put pasta in individual
serving dish and add sauce and garnish. Mix. Place 5 chicken strips on top.)
Shared with Recipe Goldmine by Kempa 4/11/05.