Olive Garden Chicken Scampi
Crispy chicken tenderloins in a garlicky, buttery wine sauce, tossed with angel hair pasta. If you love shrimp scampi, you are sure to love this chicken version!
Yield: 6 servings
- 12 ounces angel hair pasta
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 yellow bell pepper, julienned
- 1/2 red onion, julienned
- 1 pound boneless chicken tenders
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter plus 2 tablespoons, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup white wine
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese for serving
- In a large pot, bring the water and 1 tablespoon olive oil to a boil. Add the pasta and cook to al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a medium size skillet add remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, bell peppers and red onion. Sauté for 3 to 4 minutes or until tender. Remove to a plate and set aside.
- Add 2 tablespoons butter to the skillet. Dredge chicken tenders in flour and then season with Italian seasoning and salt and pepper. Add the tenders to the skillet and cook until golden brown on each side. Remove to a plate and set aside.
- Add remaining 1/4 cup butter and garlic. Cook garlic for about 1 minute and then add the white wine. Let it simmer and reduce.
- Whisk in lemon juice and parsley.
- Add the pasta, peppers and chicken to the sauce. Toss until coated and serve with grated Parmesan.