Olive Garden Marinated Peppers
- 2 red bell peppers
- 2 green bell peppers
- 2 yellow bell peppers
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt (as needed)
- Pepper (as needed)
- 8 slices toasted bread
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- Wash the peppers and roast them whole in a 400 degrees F oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until the skin blisters and blackens.
- Immediately transfer to a holding pan and cover sealing with film. Let cool.
- When cool, peel and core the peppers, eliminating all seeds. Season them with remaining ingredients, cut into strips.
- Serve with toasted bread.
Source: Giacomo Ciabattini, executive chef of Olive Garden.