Olive Garden Parmesan Chicken
- 2 cups dry bowtie pasta
- 6 (1/2-inch thick) pieces chicken breast strips (chicken tenders)
- 1 cup plain bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup milk
- Vegetable oil (for frying )
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons crushed garlic
- 1/2 cup white table wine (Chablis)
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3/4 cup half-and-half
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon basil Leaves
- 3/4 cup mild asiago cheese, finely grated
- 4 broccoli florets, lightly steamed
- 2 white mushrooms, quartered, lightly steamed
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Parmesan Chicken: Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- Wash and drain chicken strips.
- Mix bread crumbs, flour, and parmesan cheese together.
- Place milk in dish for dipping.
- Dip chicken into bread crumb mixture than in milk and then back in bread
- Place in fry pan that the oil has been heated and fry at medium to medium
low temperature until golden. Remove and drain chicken.
- In a saucepan over medium heat melt butter; add olive oil.
- With a whisk stir in flour until mixture is blended.
- Quickly add garlic; whisk.
- Add wine and blend. Immediately add half-and-half and sour cream stir. When mixture is smooth add grated cheese stir until melted.
- Finally sprinkle in basil and stir lightly and remove from heat.
- Garnish: To assemble, place 2 cups pasta in individual a pasta dish. Spoon about
1/2 to 3/4 cup sauce over pasta; add broccoli and mushrooms.
- Place Parmesan Chicken on pasta and sprinkle red crushed pepper and add grated Parmesan cheese if desired.