Olive Garden Pasta with Broccoli
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 quart milk
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon cubes, mashed
Pasta and Broccoli
- 1 pound fresh pasta shells or 1 pound medium dry shells, cooked
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 12 ounce broccoli florets, steamed
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup green onions, sliced thin
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Parmesan, grated
- Bechamel Sauce: Melt butter in a 2-quart saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour
and cook for 1 minute.
- Add milk and bouillon and stir vigorously with a wire whip
until mixture barely comes to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes, whipping
frequently. Keep warm.
- Pasta and Broccoli: Drain broccoli and divide in half. Chop 1/2 of florets into 1/4-inch pieces.
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium heat and add olive oil.
- Add all the broccoli,
garlic, green onions and mushrooms to the sauté pan. Cook, stirring constantly,
for 2 minutes or until mushrooms begin to turn golden.
- Add the sautéed veggies and parsley to the warm sauce and stir well.
- Serve over hot pasta with Parmesan.
Posted by dizzybreez at Recipe Goldmine May 4, 2001.
Source: The Olive Garden
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes