Olive Garden Pasta Frittata
- 12 ounces spaghetti, broken into 2-inch pieces and cooked al dente
- 3 ounces green onions, sliced
- 3 ounces thick-sliced bacon, cooked, chopped
- Vegetable spray or margarine
- 3 tablespoon shredded Fontina (heaping)
- Freshly-grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 3/4 cups Frittata Batter
- 6 medium eggs
- 2 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 5 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 dash nutmeg
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Frittata Batter: Beat eggs, half-and-half, cornstarch, salt and nutmeg thoroughly
until all ingredients are completely blended.
- Pasta: Blend the 2-inch spaghetti pieces, green onion rings and bacon pieces in a bowl
until evenly mixed.
- Coat a 1 1/2-quart round baking dish, including walls, with
spray or margarine.
- Empty the spaghetti mixture into the baking dish and spread
- Add the Frittata Batter to cover the filling mix.
- Bake in a 350 degree F
oven for about 25 minutes until center is set.
- When center is set, cover the frittata evenly with the Fontina and bake until
cheese is golden.
- Turn off the heat and open oven door. Let the frittata set in
the open oven for 15 minutes for the batter to set more firmly and make removing
from the dish easy.
- Before serving, sprinkle with Parmesan and cut into 4 wedges.
Yield: 4 servings
Posted by dizzybreez at Recipe Goldmine May 4, 2001.
Source: Olive Garden Restaurants