Olive Garden Pasta Roma Soup
Yield: 4 servings
- 2 (16 ounce) cans garbanzo beans, drained
- 6 slices bacon, cooked, drained, and chopped
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup diced onions
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup julienned carrots
- 1 1/2 cups drained diced canned tomatoes
- 1 quart chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground rosemary
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup miniature pasta dry bowties, cooked
- Add beans to food processor and process using on/off pulse until beans are well mashed. Scrape down sides as necessary. Reserve.
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven. Add carrots, onions, celery and garlic and sauté for 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Add remaining ingredients except pasta and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook stirring occasionally for 20 minutes.
- Keep warm.
- Add pasta to finished soup and serve immediately.
Posted by dizzybreez at Recipe Goldmine May 4, 2001.
Source: Olive Garden Restaurants