Olive Garden Peaches 'n' Cream Cheesecake
Sponge Cake Base
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 pounds cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup peach liqueur or peach schnapps or reserved peach juice from the canned or fresh peaches
- 2 cups canned or firm ripe fresh peach slices, drained well
- Topping: 1 pint whipping cream or equivalent
- Sponge Cake Base: Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease base of 10-inch springform
- Beat whole egg in 1 1/2-quart bowl with mixer on high speed, 4 minutes, to a
thick yellow foam.
- Mix in sugar on low speed until smooth.
- Add flour, water, vanilla
extract, baking powder and salt. Mix on low speed until fully blended.
- Pour into springform pan, roll around until level.
- Bake for 16 to 18 minutes on lowest oven rack.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Filling: Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Mix cream cheese, sugar, eggs and flour with electric mixer on high until smooth.
Add vanilla extract, sour cream and peach flavoring and mix on medium until a smooth
thick consistency is obtained. Fold in peach slices carefully - distribute evenly.
- Pour cheesecake filling onto cooled sponge cake base.
- Bake for 70 minutes on lower oven
rack, turn off oven, open oven door to broil position and let cake remain 40 minutes.
- Cool to refrigerated temperature.
- Top with fresh whipped cream or equivalent and serve.
- Store up to 2 days in the refrigerator.
Posted by dizzybreez at Recipe Goldmine May 4, 2001.
Source: Olive Garden Restaurants