Olive Garden Penne Romana
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic, minced
- 2 cups white wine
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups green beans, blanched
- 1 cup tomato, diced
- 4 cups Romana Sauce
- 4 cups penne pasta, cooked
- 3 tablespoons fresh Romano cheese, grated
- 3 tablespoons fresh Parmesan cheese, grated
- Romana Sauce: Heat oil in small saucepan at medium high heat.
- Add onions and
crushed red pepper. Cook until soft, about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add minced garlic and cook for one minute.
- Whisk in wine, rosemary, parsley and salt. In separate
bowl, whisk cornstarch and chicken broth. Add mixture to sauce and stir well. Bring
to a boil and set aside.
- Pasta: Heat sauté pan over medium high heat.
- Add green beans and tomato and cook
for one minute.
- Add Romana Sauce and hot, drained penne pasta.
- Add Romano and Parmesan
cheeses. Stir well with a spoon, making sure the pasta is well coated.
- Serve hot.
Source: Olive Garden