Olive Garden Raspberry Mousse Cheesecake
- 1 prepared 9 inch chocolate crumb crust
- 1 pound cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons gelatin
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cold water
- 1/2 cup raspberry preserves
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Mix cream cheese, sugar, eggs and vanilla extract with electric mixer on medium until thoroughly blended, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Pour into the prepared crust. Place on baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes. Cool to refrigerated temperature.
- Sprinkle gelatin over cold water, stir and let stand 1 minute.
- Microwave on HIGH for 30 seconds or until gelatin is completely dissolved. (Or heat on stove with 1 additional tablespoon of water.) Combine gelatin with preserves. Chill for 10 minutes.
- Whip cream until soft peaks form. Add 2 tablespoons sugar and continue whipping until stiff peaks form. Measure out 1 1/2 cups of whipped cream for mousse and set aside. Refrigerate remainder of cream for topping.
- Gently fold raspberry mixture into measured whipped cream. Spread raspberry mousse on top of chilled cheesecake, mounding slightly in the center. Chill 1 hour before serving.
- To serve, cut cheesecake into 6 servings and top each piece with a dollop of reserved whipped cream.
Posted by dizzybreez at Recipe Goldmine May 4, 2001.
Source: Olive Garden Restaurants