Olive Garden Salad Dressing
- 1 1/2 cups bottled Italian dressing
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar (or equivalent in Equal)
- 1 large raw egg (or egg beaters to equal 1 egg or 2 tablespoons mayonnaise)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Blend all except oil in blender on high speed 1/2 minute or until smooth. Pour
this mixture into the top of a double boiler and add the oil. Stir gently with a
whisk over gently boiling water until it begins to thicken and egg is completely
- Chill for several hours or overnight before using.
- If the dressing is too thick, add more Italian dressing as needed.
- Mix together equal amounts of fresh spinach, iceberg and romaine lettuce. Allow 2 cups for each
salad. Moisten leaves in dressing, do not saturate; let stand for 5 minutes.
- Add onion rings, radish, etc.
Yield: about 2 cups dressing
Posted by dizzybreez at Recipe Goldmine May 4, 2001.
Source: Gloria Pitzer