Olive Garden Seafood Pasta Chowder
- 6 ounces small shells or bowties
- 3 ounces crab meat
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 (1 ounce) package Newburg sauce mix
- 3 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Sort crab meat to remove any shell
- Melt butter in 3-quart non-aluminum saucepan.
- Add mushrooms; sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add sauce mix; stir well.
- Add milk, water and wine; stir well with a wire
whisk until mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 5 to 8 minutes, stirring
- Add green onions, pasta and crab; stir to combine. Heat through.
- Spoon into serving bowls and garnish each serving with chopped parsley.
Posted by dizzybreez at Recipe Goldmine May 4, 2001.