Olive Garden Seafood Torcello
- 1 pound cod fillets
- 6 ounces clams, drained and chopped
- 6 ounces langostinos or rock shrimp, cooked
- 6 ounces crabmeat, picked over
- 6 ounces dry radiatore, spirelli or pasta, cooked
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup straight sherry, not dry
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 2 quarts boiling salted water
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with
- Cod: Bake the cod fillets, uncovered, for 5 to 6 minutes, only until the cod flakes
easily. Remove from the oven immediately to prevent overcooking.
- When cooled, break
the fillets in half, lengthwise, then break each half into approximately 1-inch
pieces and set aside.
- Bechamel Sauce: In a heavy non-aluminum 3-quart pot, melt the butter, add the flour and
cook on moderate heat for 3 minutes, stirring constantly with a wire whisk. Do not
allow the flour to brown.
- Add the milk and salt and bring to just below the boiling
point, whisking constantly. Remove from the heat and keep warm (180 degrees F).
- Heat the olive oil in a sauté pan over medium heat until fragrant, then sauté
the garlic only until white throughout.
- Add the sautéed garlic to the warm bechamel sauce.
- Add the sherry to the pan in which the garlic was sauteed, simmer strongly
for 1 minute, then add it to the warmed sauce.
- Add the cooked pasta to the sauce.
Place the bechamel/garlic/pasta/ sherry mix back onto low heat for a few minutes,
then add the cooked cod, clams, langostinos or shrimp, crabmeat and chopped parsley
to the warm bechamel sauce and blend all ingredients thoroughly.
- Serve immediately.
Posted by dizzybreez at Recipe Goldmine May 4, 2001.
Source: The Olive Garden