Olive Garden Shrimp Cristoforo
- 2 ounces fresh basil leaves (about 2 bunches)
- 10 ounces butter, softened (2 1/2 cubes)
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese plus additional for garnish
- 1 tablespoon grated Romano cheese
Rest of Dish
- 1 pound fresh linguine or angel hair pasta
- 1 pound medium shrimp, shelled
- Remove any large stems from basil and wash leaves. Shake off excess water and dry with paper towel. Place in food processor; with blade attachment process until finely chopped. Process in two batches if necessary to get a uniformly chopped basil. Remove from processor and reserve.
- Place butter in small mixer bowl. Using an electric mixer, whip butter until pliable. Add garlic, salt, pepper, parmesan and Romano cheeses, and basil; mix until well incorporated. Basil butter can be used immediately or stored covered in refrigerator for 3 to 4 days.
- Cook pasta according to directions, drain well and keep warm.
- Melt basil butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add shrimp and sauté just until done, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve over hot cooked pasta.
- Pass freshly grated parmesan cheese.
Posted by dizzybreez at Recipe Goldmine May 4, 2001.
Source: General Mills' Olive Garden Restaurant Chain