Olive Garden Shrimp Cristoforo
- 2 ounces fresh basil leaves (about 2 bunches)
- 10 ounces butter, softened (2 1/2 cubes)
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese plus additional for garnish
- 1 tablespoon grated Romano cheese
Rest of Dish
- 1 pound fresh linguine or angel hair pasta
- 1 pound medium shrimp, shelled
- Remove any large stems from basil and wash leaves. Shake off excess water and
dry with paper towel. Place in food processor; with blade attachment process until
finely chopped. Process in two batches if necessary to get a uniformly chopped basil.
Remove from processor and reserve.
- Place butter in small mixer bowl. Using an electric mixer, whip butter until
pliable. Add garlic, salt, pepper, parmesan and Romano cheeses, and basil; mix until
well incorporated. Basil butter can be used immediately or stored covered in refrigerator
for 3 to 4 days.
- Cook pasta according to directions, drain well and keep warm.
- Melt basil butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add shrimp and sauté just
until done, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve over hot cooked pasta.
- Pass freshly grated parmesan cheese.
Posted by dizzybreez at Recipe Goldmine May 4, 2001.
Source: General Mills' Olive Garden Restaurant Chain
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.