Olive Garden Shrimp Primavera
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon garlic, fresh, minced
- 1 (1 ounce) package Knorr Newburg Sauce Mix (or similar)
- 32 ounces crushed tomatoes, canned
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice, fresh
- 1/4 teaspoon (or to taste) red pepper, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon basil, dry
- 1/4 teaspoon marjoram, dry
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 pound mushrooms, halved (or quartered if large)
- 1 cup green bell peppers, cut into 1-inch squares
- 1 cup red bell peppers, cut into 1-inch squares
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, cut into 1-inch squares
- 2 tablespoons butter for sautéing
- 1 pound fresh Olive Garden Linguine (or quality dry pasta)
- 1 pound medium to large fully cooked shrimp, thawed and drained
- Melt butter in 3 quart saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and cook one minute.
Add remaining spice and tomato ingredients, stir well and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large sauté pan, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Sauté vegetables
about 3 minutes until crisp-tender. Add to the sauce and simmer 5 minutes more.
- Cook pasta according to directions. When pasta is almost done, stir shrimp into
sauce to heat through. Do not boil. Spoon Primavera over hot linguine.
- Pass Parmesan cheese.
Posted by liz at Recipe Goldmine April 30, 2001.
Source: The Olive Garden