Olive Garden Tomato-Basil Crostini
- 2 (6-inch diameter) Boboli bread shells (or similar Italian flat bread)
- 2 tablespoons freshly-grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 cups seeded diced Roma tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, cut into thin slices
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Tomato-Basil Topping: Blend all ingredients thoroughly and refrigerate for
2 hours before serving.
- Just prior to serving, drain in a colander or strainer to eliminate excess liquid.
- Garlic Oil: Let a thinly-sliced clove of garlic soak in 2 tablespoons olive
oil for at least 1 hour before using to allow the flavor to infuse.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a sheet pan or cookie sheet with foil.
- Dribble garlic oil over Boboli, sprinkle with cheese and bake for 4 to 5 minutes,
until hot, but not crisped or dried.
- Bread: Cut the Boboli into 6 wedges or 2-inch squares.
Remove to a serving plate and cover, generously, with the cold Tomato-Basil Topping.
- Serve immediately.
Yield: 6 servings
Posted by dizzybreez at Recipe Goldmine May 4, 2001.
Source: Olive Garden Restaurants
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes