Olive Garden Tomato and Mozzarella Caprese
- 1 pound vine-ripened tomatoes sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 fluid ounce balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 12 ounces fresh whole milk mozzarella or buffalo mozzarella
- 1 sprinkle dry oregano leaves
- Sea salt or kosher salt to taste
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- On a large platter, arrange sliced tomatoes and drizzle with balsamic vinegar.
- Place one basil leaf on top of each tomato slice.
- Slice mozzarella and place on top of basil leaves.
- Sprinkle oregano, salt and black pepper on cheese and drizzle with the olive oil.
Source: Greg Schweizer, director of culinary development, Olive Garden