Olive Garden Venetian Apricot Chicken
This recipe was inspired by a tour through the northern Veneto and southern Campagna
regions of Italy.
Garlic Herb Seasoning
- 3 teaspoons garlic pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 bunch asparagus (remove bottom inch of stems)
- 1/2 pound broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Chopped parsley to garnish
- 1/2 cup chicken stock (broth)
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 pound Roma tomatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 6 basil leaves, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon garlic pepper
- Salt to taste
- Garlic Herb Seasoning: Combine ingredients in a small mixing bowl and set aside.
- Apricot Sauce: Blend chicken stock and apricot preserves in a sauce pan. Add salt and pepper
to taste. Bring to a boil and remove from heat.
- Tomato Mixture: Combine tomatoes, basil, garlic pepper and salt in a separate mixing bowl and
- Blanch asparagus and broccoli for 1 minute in a pot of salted boiling water.
- Transfer immediately to ice bath to stop cooking.
- Coat sauté pan with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Keeping ingredients separated in
pan, heat cooled asparagus, broccoli and tomato mixture until hot. Do not overcook.
- Grill chicken until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
- Place grilled chicken on a platter next to hot broccoli and asparagus. Sprinkle
Garlic Herb Seasoning on broccoli. Pour tomato mixture on top of vegetables.
- Top chicken breasts with apricot sauce and garnish with chopped parsley.