Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana
This is my personal recipe for Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana. You may wish to add about a half teaspoon of fennel to this for an added taste.
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- 2 large russet baking potatoes, unpeeled, sliced in half, and then in 1/4-inch slices
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 can Oscar Meyer Real Bacon Bits (these are less fatty than real bacon) or 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups kale or Swiss chard, chopped
- 2 cans chicken broth
- 1 quart water
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Cook sausage in a 300 degrees F oven for approximately 1/2 hour; drain on paper towels and cut into slices.
- Place onions, potatoes, chicken broth, water and garlic in pot, and cook over medium heat until potatoes are done.
- Add sausage, bacon, salt, and pepper to taste, and simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Turn to low heat, add kale and cream. Heat through and serve.