Once A Dream Bakery Sweet Potato Biscuits
- 2 large sweet potatoes (1 cup mashed sweet potato)
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/4 cup cinnamon
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- Boil and mash sweet potatoes and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add flour, baking powder, cinnamon and sugar.
- Add shortening and blend well.
- Add sweet potatoes. Mixture will get "tacky."
- Pour onto a floured countertop and roll into a tube.
- Pinch off dough and press into lightly greased pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes at 350 degrees F.
Posted by LladyRusty at Recipe Goldmine 11:43:24pm 1/7/03.
Source: Once A Dream Bakery, East Little Creek Road, Norfolk, Virginia