Rachel McLeod's Herb Farm Swamp Soup
This is a favorite soup served at Rachel McLeod's Herb Farm, Puslinch, Ontario.
- 1 cup fresh or canned tomatoes, chopped
- 3 tablespoons onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 4 cups beef and vegetable stock or beef bouillon
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil or (1/2 teaspoon dried)
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme (1/2 teaspoon dried)
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh rosemary (1/4 teaspoon dried)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, grated
- Fresh parsley
- Fresh mint
- Sauté onions and mushrooms in butter until limp. Sprinkle flour on top. Add garlic
and honey, Stir in stock and herbs. Bring to a boil and taste for seasonings. Add
tomato and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Just before serving, grate cream cheese into soup. Garnish with chopped parsley and chopped fresh mint.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes