Rafael's Mexican Restaurant Salsa
- 5 fresh tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups canned crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup (8 ounces) tomato paste
- 2 fresh bell peppers
- 3/4 to 1 cup chopped onion
- 5 fresh medium-hot jalapeno peppers or 1/2 cup canned (in water, not vinegar)
- 1/2 to 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1/2 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 to 2 cups water
- Chop all fresh vegetables. Combine all ingredients in a large saucepan. Simmer
for 15 minutes, then bring to a boil. Remove from heat and let cool for about 20 minutes.
- Add cilantro.
Source: Chef Daniel Chavez, Rafael's Mexican Restaurant, Sandy, Utah
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes