Rattler's Pumpkin Bisque
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 chipotle pepper, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- In a large pot, mix together pumpkin, broth, onion, garlic, cumin, salt, pepper
and cayenne. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat, cover and simmer
for 25 minutes.
- Stir in butter and chipotle pepper; simmer 1 to 2 minutes longer, stirring constantly.
- Stir in sour cream, keeping on low heat for 2 to 3 minutes longer.
Source: Rattler's, Seattle, Washington (now closed)