Red Lobster Basil Shrimp Stuffed Zucchini
- 4 zucchini (2- to 3-inch diameter)
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1/2 pound tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 pound small shrimp, peeled, deveined (cut shrimp if they are larger than a quarter)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Wash the zucchini and trim off the ends. Cut zucchini in half lengthwise and
scoop out the seeds. Be sure to leave some by the ends to create a boat-like shape.
- Sauté onions in butter until clear, add tomatoes and simmer until soft.
- In a mixing bowl combine tomato and onion mixture, shrimp, basil, salt and pepper
and half of the bread crumbs. Fill the zucchini boats with the mixture.
- Place boats in a greased baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining breadcrumbs and drizzle with butter.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until shrimp are pink and clear.
Yield: 8 servings
Posted by dizzybreez at Recipe Goldmine May 4, 2001
Source: Red Lobster Restaurant's recipe collection at redlobster.com
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes