Roaring Fork Barbecue Beef Short Ribs
- 1/4 cup corn oil
- 8 (4 ounce) thick cut beef short ribs
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups Dr Pepper soda
- 1 cup roasted white onion, chopped
- 1 cup ancho chile, toasted, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup dark chile powder
- Kosher salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- Heat corn oil in heavy roasting pan over high heat. Season short ribs with salt
and pepper and sear meaty parts on all sides until rich, dark brown.
- Add remaining
ingredients and bring to a boil. After 45 minutes, reduce heat to low and simmer
for another hour.
- Remove meat from the braising liquid and bring liquid back up to a boil. Cook
until liquid has reduced by 3/4. Brush this liquid over ribs, saving some to serve
- Grill ribs on a 250 degree F wood-fired grill (or oven) for 45 minutes.
Source: Roaring Fork, Scottsdale, Arizona
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes