Roaring Fork Green Chile Pork
- 2 tablespoons corn oil
- 2 pounds boneless country-style pork ribs, coarsely cut
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Cracked black pepper, to taste
- 2 cups yellow onion, diced
- 1/4 cup jalapeno chile, minced
- 1 cup dried New Mexico green chiles, seeded, stemmed and minced
- 1/4 cup garlic, minced
- 2 cups poblano chile, roasted, peeled and pureed
- 1 cup grated pepper jack cheese
- 24 (6-inch) flour tortillas
- Over a fire or stove burner, heat corn oil in a cast-iron pot.
- Season the pork with salt and pepper.
- When the oil is hot, add the pork, onion, jalapeno and New
Mexico chiles and garlic. Cook until the pork is tender, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Add the poblano chile puree and simmer for 45 minutes.
- When done, sprinkle with jack cheese and serve with tortillas.
Yield: about 6 servings
Source: Roaring Fork, Scottsdale, Arizona