Roaring Fork Rock Shrimp Chili
- 1 tablespoon corn oil
- 3 large yellow onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup poblano chiles, roasted and diced
- 1/4 cup dark beer
- 4 ancho chiles, toasted and minced
- 1 tablespoon chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, pureed
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1 quart shrimp stock
- 1 pint strong chicken stock
- 1 cup corn tortilla pieces, toasted
- 1 tablespoon dark chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 cups rock shrimp, cleaned and deveined
- 4 teaspoons sour cream
- 4 lime wedges
- Cilantro sprigs
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a heavy saucepan. Add onions, garlic and poblano chilies; sauté until
- Deglaze pan with dark beer; allow mixture to reduce by half.
- Add ancho chilies, chipotle puree, tomato and tortillas; simmer 30 minutes over medium heat.
- Add spices, then season to taste. Puree mixture, then set aside in a warm place.
- Heat butter in a skillet; sauté rock shrimp.
- Add shrimp to chili; heat together. Season to taste.
- Pour into bowls, then garnish with sour cream, lime juice and cilantro sprigs.
Source: Chef Robert McGrath - Roaring Fork Restaurant, Scottsdale, Arizona -
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes