Roaring Fork Shiner Bock Barbecue Onion Soup
- 3/4 cup chopped bacon
- 6 cups finely sliced yellow onions
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped Serrano chiles (optional)
- 3 tablespoons whole butter
- 1/4 cup cup all-purpose flour
- 12 ounces Shiner Bock beer
- 1 quart veal stock (chicken broth may be substituted)
- Kosher salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- Render the bacon until it is crisp in a moderately hot skillet, reduce the heat
then add the onions and cover them. Cook them until they are tender; uncover then
add the garlic, Serrano and butter. Stir the mixture until the onions begin to caramelize.
- Add the flour, stir to thicken (do not allow to stick to the bottom of the pan),
then add the beer. Bring it to a boil and add the veal stock slowly to achieve the
- Season to taste with salt and pepper (cayenne will add a nice
flavor profile to the soup).
Yield: 1 quart
Source: Roaring Fork, Scottsdale, Arizona
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes