Roaring Fork Southwestern Turkey Casserole
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 4 cups raw turkey breast, cut into small chunks
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1/4 cup carrot, diced
- 1/4 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup russet potatoes, diced and blanched
- 1/2 cup corn kernels
- 3 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup poblano chile, roasted, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons cumin seeds, toasted
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- Kosher salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- Heat half the butter in a heavy cast-iron pot or Dutch oven.
- Sauté turkey, onion, carrot and potatoes until vegetables are just tender.
- Add corn, garlic and roasted poblano. Sauté briefly and add chicken broth.
- Heat the rest of the butter in a skillet and stir in the flour to form a thick roux.
- Add the roux to the casserole a little at a time until the desired thickness is achieved.
- Flavor with toasted cumin and cilantro and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve hot with biscuits.
Yield: 4 servings
Source: Roaring Fork, Scottsdale, Arizona
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes