Rock Bottom Brewery Asiago Cheese Dip
- 4 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes, reconstituted in hot water
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup shredded Asiago cheese, plus shredded Asiago cheese for garnish
- 1/4 cup green onions (cleaned, rinsed and sliced into 1/4-inch pieces)
- 1/4 cup mushrooms (rinsed and sliced into 1/4-inch pieces)
- Squeeze all water out of tomatoes, then julienne cut into fine strips. It is
important that all water be removed from tomatoes, and they must be added last,
or dip will discolor.
- Combine remaining ingredients, except tomatoes and cheese for garnish, in food
processor. Blend well at low speed.
- Add tomatoes and slowly mix by hand for about 1 minute.
- When ready to serve, heat through in microwave oven.
- Remove from microwave and sprinkle with Asiago cheese.
- Put into broiler and heat until cheese browns.
Yield: 3 cups
Posted by LladyRusty at Recipe Goldmine May 9, 2001.
Source: Milwaukee Journal Sentinel - from Head Chef Chip Fegert, Rock Bottom
Restaurant & Brewery