Rock Bottom Brewery Gourmet Grilled Cheese
- 2 slices focaccia bread, per sandwich
- 2 tablespoons walnut pesto mayonnaise (blend pre-made pesto with mayonnaise)
- 1 ounce fontina cheese, grated
- 1 ounce mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 ounce Monterey jack cheese, grated
- 2 pepperoncini, sliced and stemmed
- 1 roasted red pepper, sliced
- 4 Roma tomatoes, cut in quarter-inch slices
- Spread each slice of Focaccia bread with pesto mayonnaise. Place each half in
a 9-inch pie tin with mayonnaise facing up.
- In a mixing bowl blend all grated cheeses.
- Place 2 ounces of mixed cheeses on each slice of focaccia.
- Place two slices of roasted pepper on one slice of focaccia,
and place sliced Roma tomatoes and pepperoncini on the other half.
- Place in a 500 degrees F oven for five minutes.
- When cheese is melted, remove from oven and place halves together.
- Cut in half and serve.
Posted by LladyRusty at Recipe Goldmine 3/6/2002 9:11 am.
Source: WXIA 11, Atlanta - 10/12/98 - from Rock Bottom Brewery