Roosters Espresso Cafe White Chocolate
Ravioli with Raspberry Sauce
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 6 ounces quality dark bitter-sweet chocolate
- 1/2 pint fresh raspberries
- 14 ounces white chocolate
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 pints fresh raspberries
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- Prepare the filling or ganache for the ravioli.
- In a small nonstick saucepan, scald the cream.
- Add the dark chocolate to the cream.
- Mix in the raspberries, blending until the chocolate is melted.
- Refrigerate the mixture until cool but not hard.
- Meanwhile, prepare the chocolate dough. Melt the white chocolate over a double
boiler. Remove it from the heat and mix with the corn syrup until combined.
- Dust with confectioners' sugar.
- Use half of the dough to roll out through a pasta machine, making it into a sheet
about 1 feet long. Dust with the confectioners' sugar and repeat using the other
half of the dough to form another sheet of the same size.
- Lay one sheet out. Scoop out the ganache and place about tablespoon at 2-inch intervals on the pasta sheet, making two rows. Brush water around each mound of filling. Cover with the remaining
sheet and use your fingers to seal the two sheets. Use up any leftover dough or
ganache. Cut out the ravioli in squares or rounds.
- In the blender or food processor, whirl until smooth the raspberries and the
corn syrup to make the sauce.
- Garnish the ravioli with the fresh raspberry sauce and serve.
Yield: 24 raviolis
Source: Roosters Espresso Cafe, Amarillo, Texas