Rosario's Mexican Cafe y Cantina Caldo de Res
- 6 pieces beef soup bones with meat
- 1 onion, cut into 2 pieces
- 1 head garlic plus 6 cloves
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 8 red potatoes, cut in half
- 2 zucchini, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 ears corn on the cob, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 head cabbage, cut in chunks or shredded salt to taste
- 1/2 bunch chopped cilantro
- Lemon wedges
- Place soup bones in a large stockpot and fill with 1 gallon of water. Add half
the onion and the head of garlic to stock. Bring to a boil and let simmer for at
least 2 hours. Skim off any foam that may accumulate.
- While stock is simmering, place tomatoes on foil-lined cookie sheet and place
under broiler. When top sides of tomatoes are blackened, turn tomatoes over and
blacken the bottoms.
- Remove from oven and place in blender along with 1/2 onion
and 6 cloves of garlic. Add a little water. Blend. Strain through a medium mesh
- When stock has simmered for two hours, add vegetables, starting with carrots
and potatoes. Then add tomato puree.
- When vegetables are almost done, add zucchini
and cabbage. Adjust flavor with salt.
- Garnish soup with chopped cilantro and lemon wedges.
If desired, remove the meat from the bones, before adding the vegetables.
Yield: 6 servings
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes