Rose & Crown Pub Cottage Pie
Yield: 4 servings
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground savory
- 1 cup brown gravy
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- Additional butter
- Heat 1/4 cup butter in a 9 inch skillet. Add onion and cook until lightly browned, stirring.
- Add beef, salt, pepper and savory and continue cooking 5 minutes longer.
- Stir in gravy and heat until bubbling.
- Spoon into a buttered 8 cup flat casserole dish.
- Top meat mixture with mashed potatoes. Dot with pieces of butter.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 15 to 20 minutes or until potatoes are lightly browned.
Posted by CookinMom at Recipe Goldmine May 21, 2001.
Source: Rose & Crown Pub, EPCOT