Rosebud Cafe Pasta
- 1 (16 ounce) package cavatelli pasta
- 1/4 cup peanut oil
- 3/4 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 10 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 (12 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen French green beans, thawed
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and garlic, and sauté for 5 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently.
- Add the roasted peppers and green beans and continue cooking for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the cavatelli, basil, salt and pepper, and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, or until heated through.
- Serve immediately.
Garnishing tip: If you want this to look like it does when they serve it at Chicago's Rosebud Cafe, garnish it with a sprinkle of fresh chopped parsley.
Posted by GayleL at Recipe Goldmine May 15, 2001.
Source: ecola.com - from "Spotlight on Chicago," Mr. Food's five-part series featuring a tasty tour of the Windy City