Sierra Pointe Pinnacle Pistachio-Crusted Brie Salad
- 4 wedges brie
- 1/3 pound pistachios
- 3 eggs, whisked
- 1 cup flour
- 2 pints fresh strawberries, cleaned and hulled
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 4 servings mixed greens or baby spinach
- 4 slices pita bread, grilled
- Flour for dusting
- Coat brie wedges in flour. Dip brie wedges in egg, then roll in pistachios. Pan-fry
the brie until golden brown.
- In a blender, combine 1 pint strawberries, peppercorns, vinegar, olive oil and
honey; process until peppercorns are lightly cracked and mixture is emulsified.
- Slice remaining strawberries.
- Sprinkle strawberry slices over baby greens.
- Place a wedge of brie on each salad.
- Dress with strawberry mixture.
- Serve with grilled pita bread.
Source: Chef Dale Schall, Sierra Pointe Restaurant, Phoenix, Arizona - azfamily.com