Silver Spur Texas Smokehouse
Tomato Florentine Soup
- 138 ounces tomato juice
- 10 ounces frozen, cooked spinach, thawed, drained, chopped
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese (divided)
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons white pepper
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt, to taste
- Simmer tomato juice in pot until reduced by half, about 75 minutes.
- Add spinach, 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, sugar, pepper, lemon juice and thyme. Simmer for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add salt to taste. Add a little of remaining Parmesan cheese to each serving.
Yield: about 10 servings, 1 cup each
Source: Silver Spur Texas Bar-B-Que - Waukesha, Wisconsin