Sizzler Steakhouse Sizzlin' Onion Stack Steak
- 1 (8 ounce) your favorite steak
- 1 1/2 teaspoons steak house seasoning
- 3 ounces caramelized onions
- 1 serving baked potato
- 1 slice cheese toast, halved
- 2 sprigs parsley
- Au jus
Tumbleweed Onion Straws
- 1 large onion
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 scant tablespoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Black pepper, to taste
- Steak: Prepare steak to your liking using your favorite steak house seasoning.
- Place 3 ounces of caramelized onions on plate.
- When steak is ready, place steak on caramelized onions.
- Top steak with Tumbleweed Onion Straws.
- Sprinkle chopped parsley on top of Tumbleweed Onion Straws.
- Tumbleweed Onion Straws: Slice onion very thin. Cut each round in half. Place in an 8-inch
square or round cake pan. Cover with buttermilk and soak for at least one
- Combine dry ingredients and set aside.
- Heat oil to 375 degrees F.
- Throw a handful of onions into the flour mixture, tap to shake off
excess, and plunge into hot oil.
- Fry for a few minutes and remove with a slotted spoon as soon as golden
Source: Dudley McMahon - Sizzler
The recipe for Tumbleweed Onion Straws was not provided by Sizzler. It may vary slightly from their recipe.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes