Sizzler Steakhouse Steak and Shrimp Scampi
- 5 (8 ounce) steaks
- 31-35 shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 ounces minced shallots, (approximately 3 medium shallots)
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 ounces butter (if using unsalted adjust salt below to desired taste)
- 3 ounces white wine (Chardonnay)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 25 ounces rice pilaf, cooked (or your favorite rice)
- 1 lemon wedge
- 10 parsley sprigs
- Season your steaks with your favorite steak seasoning. Cook on char grill till
- In a large sauté pan, melt butter, just until it bubbles. Add shallots and garlic.
Cook, stirring, for about 20 seconds, just till aromas start to float.
- Add shrimp, toss with spoon coating well. Cook for about 4 minutes.
- Add wine and reduce for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add lemon juice, salt and chopped parsley.
- Serve with steak and rice, make sure to spoon some of the garlic butter on the
rice and shrimp.
- Garnish plate with lemon wedge and parsley sprig.
Source: Dudley McMahon - Sizzler