Slocum House Chopped BLT Salad
with Creamy Bacon Dressing
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 4 fresh tomatoes, seeded and sliced
- 1 cup sliced red onion
- 1 1/2 cups crumbled crispy bacon
- 1/2 cup toasted cashews, chopped
- Creamy bacon dressing
Creamy Bacon Dressing
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1/4 cup finely chopped crispy bacon
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped basil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Prepare dressing by combining all ingredients in a bowl and whisk until
- Assemble salad by tossing iceberg lettuce with tomatoes, onion, bacon, half the
cashews, and the dressing.
- Sprinkle remaining cashews over top of salad and serve.
Posted by LladyRusty at Recipe Goldmine 1/13/2002 2:43 pm.
Source: Recipe used with permission from
Chef Jim LaPerriere, Slocum House - News 10 Midday
Sacramento, August 15, 2001 kxtv.com
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes