Snake Creek Grill Rustic Apple Tart
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated sugar
- Dash of salt
- 7 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup ice water
- 2 pounds tart cooking apples (Granny Smith or Pippin)
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves
- Combine first three ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Cut the butter into the flour until it resembles coarse cornmeal. Stir in the
ice water until mixture holds together. Press into a ball and let rest 30 minutes.
- Flatten with hands and roll on a well-floured surface to a 15-inch circle. Lay on a baking sheet.
- Peel, core and slice the apples into 1/4-inch slices. Coarsely chop one of the apples. Spread chopped apples in a layer over pastry,
leaving a 2 1/2-inch border. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sugar and half of spices.
Cover chopped apples with sliced apples, sprinkle with 2 tablespoons sugar and remaining
spices. Dot with the butter. Fold uncovered edge of pastry over apples, pleating
it to make fit. You'll have about a 5-inch diameter area in the center that
remains uncovered. Sprinkle edges of pastry lightly with sugar.
- Bake at 400 degrees F in the upper part of a preheated oven 45 minutes or until apples are tender and
- Slide off pan onto a rack to cool.
- Serve warm or cold with either ice cream or whipped cream.
Source: Barbara Hill, Snake Creek Grill, Heber, Utah
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes