Sole Mio Caffe Trattoria Spaghetti and Meatballs
- 10 ounces ground beef
- 1/4 loaf Italian bread, crust cut off
- 2 tablespoons parsley, coarsely chopped
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons grated Pecorino or Parmesan cheese
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Pinch of salt and black pepper
- 1 large can whole plum tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small bunch basil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Meatballs: Soak bread in water; strain and press all water out.
- In mixing bowl combine all ingredients with bread. Run cold water over hands; roll mixture into
balls the size of 1/2 a tennis ball.
- Heat olive oil in skillet. Brown meatballs on all sides; do not cook through.
- Tomato Sauce: Blend ingredients except olive oil in food processor. In large
frying pan heat olive oil; add sauce, bring to boil. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add meatballs; simmer for 7-10 minutes.
- Serve over spaghetti.
Posted by LladyRusty at Recipe Goldmine 3/28/02.
Source: restauranteur.com - from Chef/Owner Domenico Vastarella, Sole Mio Caffe
Trattoria, Carmel Valley Village, California